Saturday, October 21, 2006

Happy Customer



Am a little snowed under today - Aaron, you are correct, I've been on too many jollys. I've spent Monday, Thurday & Friday in London this week at various meetings & my brain is exhausted. However, rather than have the opportunity to slob about today, I have spent all day doing paperwork etc to catch up on reports, invoices, appointments etc for my private patients. I need a secretary!
Anyhoo, if your printer runs out of ink, I can recommend "Smart Cartridge" in Boldmere. In the middle of trying to catch up on all the tedious paperwork, the last thing I needed was my printer to stop working. Davie said this new place had opened where they refill your old cartridge, so I thought I'd give it a try. It turned out that the cartridge was nearly full but it was faulty. He suggested that I could take it back to Tesco, as it was one of their own brand, but then he offered to fix it for free, which he did. He was an incredibly helpful chap, & I shall certainly be going back there. So nice to have some genuine & good customer service for a change.

After a few hours of happy printing, the wireless network has now stopped working for no reason at all, so I'm stuck again. Davie.... can you fix it?..... pleeeeease.......

1 comment:

JollyGreenGiant1982 said...

i think you may have been over doing it on the jolly's my friend! I am all for 'training' but you always have to catch up on the work load, rubbish!!
I hope your printer is ticking along nicely, havent caught up with you recently, will do so tomorrow. Been listning to JC recently, thats Johnny Cash, although I am always listning to the other one!!