Monday, September 25, 2006

You're the worst pirate I've ever heard of............


Me & my good friend Johnny (how can he love someone so much that sang 'Joe le Taxi?')
Well, it's taken me a a whole week to get around to adding anything to my blog, as I've been so busy reading everyone elses! Not sure about the phenomenon of it seeming easier to express what you want to say by typing words into a PC that are more or less on a public view, than saying them face to face.
Anyhoo, this has to have been the most emotionally draining week I've known, but also one of the most powerful. I have experienced a sadness I have not known before, in beginning to miss a friend, but also experienced the joy of celebrating lives that were full of good things and that must have made God a real proud Father. I've known very few people who've died, so this has really been a whole new issue for me. I've been amazed to feel a whole new sense of community & togetherness in our church & I feel so privileged and blessed to be a part of it. There seems to be a new openess with people voicing their appreciation for each other more freely, and along with many I'm sure, I want to make sure that folks know how much I appreciate them rather than them having to wonder or guess.
When I was at a real turning point in my life a few years back, Donald (our wonderful, wonderful minister) asked me what I wanted God to say to me at the end of my life. He asked me how much did I want Him to say 'Well done good & faithful servant'? That question & its subsequent answer turned my life around and rather than the desire to see that happen fading over time, the events of the last couple of weeks have inspired me again to keep going, & to try to let go of the things that hinder me. Don't know how well I'll do; I feel totally humbled by the examples of Matt & Chris, but I'll try.

4 comments:

timelord in the tardis said...

....not when Keira Knightly is around as my friend Martin might say.....
...but how what you say about this last week is so true. Matt and Chris are unique and so are we, and the huge challenge is to establish our own legacy with the gifts we have ben given.....

timelord in the tardis said...

....not when Keira Knightly is around as my friend Martin might say.....
...but how what you say about this last week is so true. Matt and Chris are unique and so are we, and the huge challenge is to establish our own legacy with the gifts we have ben given.....

timelord in the tardis said...

...I hear from today's metro that Johnny Depp asked to be granted the freedom of Falmouth but was refused....how about offering him the freedom of a small part of Sutton Coldfield, like somewhere up the Jockey Road....

Robbie, Rudolf & Rusty said...

So that's what you look like, the other picture scared us.